Initially Resolution #211 introduced strict measures applied to passenger traffic. The most crucial one was prohibition of transportation of more than 10 passengers per 1 vehicle, including corporate companies’ shuttles. Also, there was a requirement to stop the activity of economic entities operating directly with consumers (except retail of food, fuel, personal hygiene, pharmaceuticals), which led to shutting down pet stores, automotive workshops.
The American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine promptly addressed the Government with business community’s proposals, which was supported by the Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine.
Therefore, on March 25 the Government supported introducing the following amendments to Resolution #211:
- Businesses permitted to stay open during the quarantine, provided that their staff is supplied with means of individual protection and compliance with sanitary measures is ensured:
- Companies selling food products, fuels, hygiene products, medicines, and medicinal products, veterinary substances, feeds, pesticides, seeds, telecom services;
- Companies providing banking and insurance services, veterinary clinics, automotive workshops, post offices;
- Companies providing catering services via food delivery.
- Permitted passenger transport services during the quarantine:
- Passenger cars
- Companies’ corporate or rented vehicles, provided that drivers and passengers are supplied with means of individual protection and compliance with sanitary measures is ensured. The transportation routes should be approved with the National Police.
Please follow the link to fill in the application form for the route approval.
- Regular transportation with up to 50% of seats occupied by passengers.
Also, please note that according to adopted amendments the national quarantine was extended till April 24, 2020. All abovementioned amendments enter into force from the moment of official publication.
The Chamber expresses gratitude to the Ministry for Development of Economy, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine for continuous cooperation and support of the business community.