Important. The U.S. Embassy Kyiv suspended all routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services until further notice.
Applying for an Expedited Appointment – Urgent Business Travel
As of November 16, The United States Embassy in Ukraine is unable to offer routine nonimmigrant appointments, including B1/B2 visas.
The Embassy will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time.
If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance provided at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-niv-expeditedappointment.asp for B1/B2 visa, and request an emergency appointment.
Purpose of travel should refer an urgent business matter where the travel requirement could not be predicted in advance.
Essential documentation: A letter of invitation from the corresponding company in the United States, written on company letterhead, attesting to the urgency of the planned visit, describing the nature of the business and that the U.S. company will suffer a significant loss of opportunity if an expedited appointment is not available.
Please note that it is important to ensure that you meet all the criteria, because applicants can create only one expedited appointment request.
Upon your request, AmCham Ukraine will support your application with a letter indicating that the applicant works for or owns a company, which is a member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine in good standing. For more information how to receive a letter please contact email@example.com.
4 steps for your successful interview:
Step 2. Prepare and send the list of necessary documents at firstname.lastname@example.org. The applicant should submit the documents to the Chamber by 5:00 PM on Monday (prior to the desired appointment date). We schedule appointments for 2:30 PM every Monday (except for official holidays).
List of necessary documents:
- Visa fee payment receipt (Visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua, select your visa type, and print out the deposit slip for the visa application fee amount (fee differs based on visa type). Pay the application (MRV) fee at a Raiffeisen Bank branch in Ukraine, Applicants must bring a deposit slip for their visa class in order to pay at the bank. Payment must be made in cash and only in Ukrainian Hryvnia)
- DS-160 confirmation number
- The original of Request Form for U.S. Express Business Visa Service of the Chamber [DOWNLOAD THE FORM]. (Please note that the form should be signed by the COI of the Chamber member company)
- A copy of the first page of the applicant’s international passport
- A copy of the official Letter of Invitation from an organization in the United States
- The original employment certificate (provided by HR or Accounting department)
- The original of Personal Data Usage and Transfer Consent signed by the applicant [DOWNLOAD THE CONSENT]
Step 3. Gather necessary documents needed for the interview and requested by the U.S. Embassy.
Necessary documents requested by the U.S. Embassy:
1. An international passport, valid for at least 6 months after the anticipated departure from the USA.
2. A completed copy of each application forms necessary for the type of visa which the applicant will be requesting.DS-160: Web-based Nonimmigrant Visa Application: the form must be filled out online, correctly, without mistakes, and submitted at least 2 days prior to the appointment date. Note that the photograph that the applicant shall be asked to upload before submitting the form must be of good quality and meet all the requirements. In case you have failed to upload a photo while filling out DS-160, you must bring one to the interview.
NOTE: Any inquiries on completing the DS-160 will be addressed on the following website. We are unable to answer any questions or provide guidance on this process.
NOTE: Uploading the photo is highly recommended. The photo must meet the following requirements:
- A 5 x 5cm color photograph taken within the last 6 months, for each applicant regardless of age
- The photograph must be taken against a white background, with applicant facing the camera directly, having a neutral facial expression, ears are exposed, no dark glasses nor head covering (unless the applicant’s religion prohibits the absence of a head covering), the face should cover 50 percent of the area of the photo. Click here for more details
3. Appointment Confirmation Letter (it is forwarded or printed for you by the Chamber).
4. One hard copy of a GOOD QUALITY PHOTO* taken within the last six months should be provided.
Step 4. Receive a letter from the Chamber that must be picked up on Friday at the Chamber office (12 Amosova Street, 15th floor, building 1) prior to the appointment date and presented to the U.S. Embassy Consular Section upon arrival.
Please note, that if the applicant does not cancel the reservation in advance (before the list of Chamber applicants is submitted to the Embassy) and is not present at the interview at the appointed time, he/she will not have an opportunity to use US Express Business Visa service in the future.
The American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine reserves the right to refuse access to the Express Business Visa Referral Service to any member in Good Standing of the Chamber for any reason at any time.