Supporting Ukraine Amid War
On February 24, 2022, the russian federation, with the support of the republic of belarus, started the despicable war against Ukraine.
The russian army is killing civilians, women, and children throughout Ukraine, bombarding houses of innocent Ukrainians, maternity hospitals, kindergartens, shooting ambulances, civilian and volunteer vehicles, and attacking nuclear power plants in 21st century Europe.
During these challenging times for Ukraine, the duty of AmCham Ukraine and the entire business community is to support Ukraine and all Ukrainians. AmCham Ukraine team did its best to continue to work to support our community. We are available on the phone, Microsoft Teams, WhatsApp, Zoom, and email to handle all your requests and issues.
AmCham Ukraine team presents the results of the Survey "Doing Business during War in Ukraine. Week 8", conducted on April 12 – April 18.
- 87% of AmCham members are ready to join Ukraine's post-war economic transformation actively.
- 41% are fully operational; 50% continue to work partially.
- 76% provide humanitarian support financially; 75% of companies' employees volunteer; 44% provide in-kind goods.
- safety and security of employees (79%)
- logistics and transport (50%)
- absence of clients or orders (36%)
Previous Survey results (March 17 – March 18, 2022): AmCham Ukraine Survey: Doing Business During War in Ukraine. Week 4
Stay strong and safe. Glory to Ukraine!
1. VERIFIED WAYS TO HELP UKRAINE
How to Support the People of Ukraine Right Now.
Information from the Government of Ukraine along with the lists of items that are strongly needed at the moment:
Letter from the Ministry of Economy on delivering the humanitarian aid to Ukraine in cooperation with Polish Governmental Agency of Strategic Reserves.
2. PRESIDENT'S OUTREACH
21-Mar – Mailout "AmCham Survey Results: Doing Business During War in Ukraine"
17-Mar – Mailout "AmCham Survey"
Interview by AmCham Ukraine President Andy Hunder on the war in Ukraine and its impact on businesses operating in Ukraine for the TV Marathon “Edyni Novyny” broadcast
Interview by AmCham Ukraine President Andy Hunder on the war in Ukraine for ALHURRA TONIGHT Show on Alhurra TV
AmCham Ukraine President Andy Hunder took part in the TV Marathon “Edyni Novyny” broadcast
"Murdered bodies of civilians strewn across streets and mass graves in Bucha, the commuter town on the outskirts of Kyiv. Unbelievable that some multinational businesses continuing their operations, closing their eyes on Russia’s atrocities and war crimes in Ukraine."
Public statement by AmCham Ukraine President Andy Hunder
The behavior of AmCham russia is an embarrassment. US businesses must stop operations - open your eyes to the war crimes killing women and children. AmCham russia - there is no “business as usual’. Don’t send me any more letters. Вслед за русским военным кораблем - иди нах*й.
”We continue to publicly call the global business community to stop operations in russia, being in touch with colleagues all over the world,” AmCham Ukraine President Andy Hunder for Euronews.
“The companies have really come together, and they understand that it’s really down to business now to help the humanitarian drive – getting food, getting medicines, getting all kinds of help to those most in need,” AmCham Ukraine President Andy Hunder for BBC News.
Quote by AmCham Ukraine President Andy Hunder for Financial Times on Volodymyr Zelenskyy
Calling on American Chamber of Commerce Companies’ Headquarters to Reconsider Operations in russia
US business lobby head calls for investors to ‘reconsider operations in russia’ - quote by AmCham Ukraine President Andy Hunder for Financial Times
3. REVIEW OF LEGISLATION FOR UKRAINIAN REFUGEES SEEKING SHELTER ABROAD
The war in Ukraine forced millions of Ukrainians to seek refuge abroad.
AmCham Ukraine wants to share useful materials for Ukrainians on how to legally stay abroad.
This review was prepared for Ukrainian refugees by the leading law firms from over 25 countries upon request and in coordination with the international legal network Multilaw and Ukrainian law firm Arzinger, AmCham Ukraine member company.
AmCham Ukraine team was glad to assist with translating materials into Ukrainian.
Review in ENG & UKR: https://bit.ly/3qd3m5O
4. OFFICIAL WEBSITES
Below you can find the official websites shared by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine where you can read reliable information:
- Office of the President of Ukraine https://www.facebook.com/president.gov.ua
- General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine https://www.facebook.com/GeneralStaff.ua
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine https://www.facebook.com/KabminUA
- Ministry of Defence of Ukraine https://www.facebook.com/MinistryofDefence.UA
- State Service for Special Communications and Information Protection of Ukraine https://www.facebook.com/dsszzi
- Ministry of Internal Affairs https://www.facebook.com/mvs.gov.ua
- The United Nations https://www.un.org/en/
5. INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT IN THE HAGUE
The International Criminal Court in The Hague launches an investigation into russian war crimes and crimes against humanity in Ukraine.