The American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine (the Chamber) welcomes the adoption of Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine #1300 "On Approval of the Procedure of Conducting the State Health Technology Assessment".
The Health technology assessment (HTA) implementation will allow:
- To optimize expenditures from the State Budget for healthcare;
- To identify effective, safe and cost-effective medicines;
- To scale up access to effective medicines and medical devices;
- To extent the procurement possibilities of effective medicines and medical devices, e.g. the reports obtained as a result of the HTA will be used by the Ministry of Health of Ukraine to expand the list of medicines, procured via centralized procurement mechanism, and can be used by health departments of regional and Kyiv city state administrations to cover the needs of regional targeted healthcare programs.
- To improve the level of professional expertise and assessment, in addition to the positive effect on the healthcare system.
The Chamber member companies’ experts were actively engaged in the development of this Resolution, in particular provided quality expertise, engaging national and international experts, increased awareness on the HTA among stakeholders, provided proposals and comments for the settlement of Resolution’s provisions.
The Chamber Healthcare Committee experts support the HTA implementation in Ukraine and will continue to provide expertise for the development and betterment of Ukraine’s healthcare system.