Disclosure of trade secrets can cause great harm to the business. However, it is not easy to punish employees for the disclosure of trade secrets. Such an employee cannot be fined because it is interpreted as a disciplinary sanction, which can be applied only in cases provided by law. Nevertheless, there is a chance to receive compensation equivalent to the caused damage, for example, through appealing to the AMCU.
During the seminar we considered the following:
- What information can be defined as a trade secret
- How to protect a trade secret: basic methods and nuances of protection
- Responsibility for the disclosure of trade secrets: how to prove that a violation was committed and punish a law violator
- Analyzing successful cases of bringing to responsibility for unlawful use of trade secret
- Appeal to the AMCU: how to prepare a complaint
Doctor of Law, Managing partner of Antika Law Firm. Member of the Scientific and Advisory Council of the Supreme Court. Recommended by rankings: Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, The Legal 500 EMEA, IFLR1000. Named "Lawyer of the Year 2020" in the field of litigation according to the survey results The Best Lawyers in Ukraine 2020.
Senior Associate of Antika Law Firm. Alexander has more than 10 years of experience in legal consulting. His key specialization: antitrust, corporate law, litigation and arbitration, energy. Member of the Public Council of the State Agency on Energy Efficiency and Energy Saving of Ukraine.