During the martial law, the labor legislation underwent many changes, sometimes they proved to be game-changing for the corporate sector. We discussed the latest of them – the Law of Ukraine “On Amendment of Some Legislative Acts of Ukraine Regarding Optimization of Labour Relations” #2352-IX dated 1 July 2022, and other laws adopted by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in July 2022.
During the event, we discussed:
- New grounds and procedure for employment termination, in particular dismissal in case of destruction (absence) of terms and conditions or employer’s assets due to hostilities
- Additional requirements applicable to the suspension of employment agreements
- Cancellation of a notice period for worsening labour remuneration conditions
- Abolishment of average salary for the employees enlisted in military service
- Change of vacation rules
- Simplification of HR documents flow
- Resumption of audits of the State Labour Service
- Introduction of variable working hours
Vasyl Yurmanovych, Counsel, INTEGRITES. Vasyl has 14 years of experience in providing legal advice and support mainly to foreign businesses in Ukraine. His industry focus includes agriculture, manufacturing, retail and distribution. Vasyl specializes in labour, corporate, M&A, and general commercial issues.
Inna Kostrytska, Senior Associate, Attorney-in-law, INTEGRITES. Inna has 15 years of experience as a practitioner and specializes in labour law, domestic and international corporate law. Inna is the co-head of the Employment practice at INTEGRITES and the project lead of HR Club – the discussion hub for the corporate HR management experts who meet to discuss the latest changes in labour legislation of Ukraine.