Kyiv, Ukraine, 10 August 2020 - Baker McKenzie’s Kyiv practices and lawyers received outstanding rankings and recommendations by the 2020 edition of Ukrainian Law Firms. A Handbook for Foreign Clients, an annual in-depth survey of the legal market in Ukraine.
The Kyiv office maintained its #1 position in three key practices: Real Estate, Construction,
Land; Retail; and Labor & Employment.
The office was also named in the top five firms in relation to 12 practice areas and industries, namely: Agribusiness, Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate and M&A, Energy & Natural Resources, Infrastructure, Intellectual Property, IT, Telecommunication and Media, Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare, Private Clients/Wealth Management, and Tax (Consulting).
The Antitrust & Competition, FinTech, International Trade (Commercial Contracts), Litigation (Domestic and Cross-border), and Tax (Transfer Pricing) practices were also distinguished by the edition.
Managing Partner Serhiy Piontkovsky has been individually acknowledged as an Authority in Energy & Natural Resources and Real Estate, Construction, Land, and Managing Partner Serhiy Chorny has been recognized as an Authority in Banking & Finance and Debt Restructuring.
In addition, six Kyiv lawyers have been recommended as Leading individuals by the directory:
- Partner Serhiy Chorny in Capital Markets
- Partner Viacheslav Yakymchuk in Corporate and M&A; he is also recognized as a Notable practitioner in Agribusiness
- Partner Hennadiy Voytsitskyi in Tax (Consulting); he is also recognized as a Notable practitioner in Private Clients/Wealth Management and Transfer Pricing
- Partner Lina Nemchenko in Real Estate, Construction and Land
- Partner Olha Demianiuk in Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare; she is also recognized as a Notable practitioner in Corporate and M&A
- Counsel Mariana Marchuk in Labor & Employment
Another six lawyers are listed as Notable practitioners:
- Partner Ruslan Drobyazko in Intellectual Property
- Partner Oksana Simonova in Antitrust & Competition
- Partner Ihor Siusel in Bankruptcy and Litigation (Domestic)
- Counsel Oleksiy Stolyarenko in IT, Telecommunication and Media and Intellectual Property
- Counsel Andrii Moskalyk in Energy & Natural Resources and in Corporate and M&A
- Associate Olha Sviatenka in Pharmaceuticals/Medicine & Healthcare