AmCham Ukraine members met with Kristina Golubytska, Deputy Minister of Economy of Ukraine, to discuss the IPR-related issues at the top of the business agenda.
During the bilateral dialogue, the parties discussed:
- Further steps and initiatives of the Ministry of Economy in the field of intellectual property rights
- Status of the creation of the National Intellectual Property Body (NIPB)
- Completion of institutional reform: an open contest for the position of the Head of NIPB, reorganization of Ukrpatent into NIPB
- Patent reform: results of the year of application of the Law of Ukraine “On Protection of Rights to Inventions and Utility Models”
- Challenges and impact on the level of patent protection of innovative solutions
- Creation of a working group to finalize some provisions of the Law of Ukraine “On Protection of Rights to Inventions and Utility Models”
- further role of the state and business in the fight against piracy, in particular against piracy in the Internet
We express gratitude to the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine for its readiness to cooperate with the business community, as well as the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine and the Chamber Intellectual Property Rights Committee Co-Chairs for their expertise and contribution in this substantial discussion.