KPMG Law Ukraine invites you to the webinar: “How to protect the right to a preferential rate in transactions with non-residents: practical tips and trends 2021”.
During the event you will learn about the novelties in the legal regulation related to confirming the status of the beneficial owner, the conditions for applying the withholding tax preferential rate, the latest practice of the Supreme Court and practical advice on gathering evidence to confirm the status of beneficiary in 2021.
The webinar program will include:
- Implementation of the BEPS Action Plan and amendments to national legislation - what businesses should prepare concidering the case law
- Economic approach in determining by courts the existence of a beneficial owner of income
- Proof of a business purpose when paying out income in favor of a non-resident - the practice of the Supreme Court
- Legal positions of the Supreme Court as to the application of the preferential tax rate for the payout of interest, dividends, royalties to non-residents originating in Ukraine
- Recent practice dealing with recognizing permanent establishments of non-residents in Ukraine
- Practical tips on the evidence base to confirm the status of the beneficial owner of income
Larysa Antoshchuk, Head of Tax Dispute Resolution group, KPMG Law Ukraine.
Larysa is a lawyer with 13 years of experience in litigation and advising international and Ukrainian companies on tax issues. The portfolio of clients for resolving tax disputes includes companies representing the media, pharmaceutical and cosmetics business, manufacturers of industrial equipment, and IT.
Nataliia Musiienko, Manager, Tax Dispute Resolution group, KPMG Law Ukraine.
She has a successful experience of representation during tax audits and tax disputes of clients operating in various areas of business: pharmaceutical, agribusiness, media, telecommunications, technology, retail, airlines, industrial equipment manufacturers, banks and financial institutions.
Nataliia support transfer pricing disputes, "fictitious" transactions, as well as disputes over the proper application of National GAAPs and IFRS. Nataliia is a member of the Ukrainian Bar Association, the American Chamber of Commerce, and the European Business Association.
Sofia Baranovska, Tax Dispute Resolution group, KPMG Law Ukraine.
Sofia works with disputes over non-admission to tax audits, the reality of transactions, and transfer pricing disputes. Sofia's professional experience also includes supporting tax audits, preparing responses to tax authorities requests, and appealing against individual tax rulings.
Who will be interested in the webinar?
The webinar will be useful for CFOs, chief accountants, heads of legal departments, owners of companies operating in the financial and real sectors of the economy.
If you have any questions, please contact Julia Salei by e-mail: email@example.com