The event was organized by USAID Financial Sector Reform Activity in Ukraine in partnership with the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine.
1. DFC and PRI. How is it different than other programs (MIGA, EBRD, etc.).
2. What PRI is and is not.
3. Definition of key terms (including insurable events, new investments, etc.).
4. Investor and project requirements (criteria, industries, limits, impact, stop factors). Successful cases.
5. Project life cycle:
- eligibility requirements, negotiation process, timeline, roles, and responsibilities;
- financing process, costs, and control points;
- agreement templates;
- insurance claims handling.
6. How the application process works.
Robert Bond, Chief of Party, Ukraine Financial Sector Reform Activity, and Volodymyr Kuzyo, Deputy Minister of Economy of Ukraine delivered welcoming remarks.
Speaker: Marlena Hurley, Managing Director, Political Risk Insurance & Reinsurance at DFC.
Moderator: Artem Gerganov, Deputy CEO, Head of Multinational Business, Citi Ukraine.
Participants had an opportunity to learn more about PRI’s role in attracting investments in high-risk conditions, removing the financial burden of potential asset damage from investors, and its potential for business development and scaling in Ukraine despite all the current challenges.