KPMG in Ukraine invite you to participate in the webinar: "Challenges for the pharmaceutical business: the focus of tax authorities on accounting, review of the new concept of "permanent establishment", current tax disputes", which will take place on June 4, 2021.
We shall discuss current tax issues arising for pharmaceutical companies in today's business environment, taking into account all the challenges caused by COVID-19, changes in tax legislation and pressure from tax authorities.
The following issues will be considered during the event:
- The focus of tax authorities on accounting
- Focus of tax audits of pharmaceutical companies
- Tax risks of incentive payments and discounts by IFRS 15
- Impact of COVID on the tax position
- Inspections of non-resident activities: what should the pharma sector expect from July 1, 2021?
- Tax audits and their consequences for non-residents
- Overview of the new concept of “permanent establishment” and the tax risks it carries for pharmaceutical companies in Ukraine
- Registration of a non-resident with the tax authorities of Ukraine: practice review
- Accounting / reporting by a non-resident
- Tax disputes: current findings for the pharmaceutical sector
- Recent case law on confirmation of the business purpose, a beneficial owner status
- Legal positions of the Supreme Court regarding the unreality of business transactions
- Non-admission to tax audit
KPMG experts will share practical experience and solutions.
Sergiy Popov, Partner, Head of Tax and Legal, Head of Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals, KPMG in Ukraine
Liliia Taran, Manager, Corporate Taxation Group. Lilia has extensive experience analysing tax and accounting procedures of Ukrainian and international companies, preparing accounting policies, tax due diligence, assistance to companies during their transition from NAS to IFRS. Her clients in the farma sphere include manufacturers, importers and distributors.
Kateryna Hamretska, Manager, International Taxation Group. Kateryna has more than 6 years of professional experience in advising international and local legal entities on Ukrainian tax and legal consequences arising from activities in Ukraine, structuring the payments in favour of non-residents.
Nataliia Musiienko, Manager, Attorney, Tax Disputes Resolution Practice, KPMG Law Ukraine. She has a successful representation during tax audits and tax disputes in various businesses: pharmaceutical, agribusiness, media, telecommunications, technology, retail, airlines, manufacturers of industrial equipment, banks and financial institutions. Natalia accompanies disputes on transfer pricing, "fictitious" transactions, and disputes on the correctness of application of NAS and IFRS.
Who will be interested in the webinar?
The webinar will be useful for CFOs, chief accountants, tax managers, heads of departments, business owners, heads of non-resident representative offices.
If you are interested in the webinar, please register by June 3, 2021. Participation in the webinar is free. Applications for participation from consulting, law and audit companies are not accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact Yulia Salei at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at our webinar!