Ukraine is moving ahead with PPP and concession models to deliver its ambitious national transportation strategy and much progress has been made to date:
- This year’s $5.3 billion ‘Great Construction’ programme is the largest roadbuilding programme in Ukraine’s history and will be delivered through the PPP model;
- Following the first successful seaport concessions last year, the next wave of concessions has been lined up as well as a number of port privatisations;
- Government plans to reconstruct or build 16 regional airports with a number to be offered a concessions;
- A number of major railway stations are being put up for concessions and the same model is proposed for high speed train networks
- The IFIs are fully engaged in the process, offering expert advice and committing significant levels of financing. Other anticipated innovative financing mechanisms include sovereign-backed infrastructure bonds and the Great Construction Fund.
The Ukrainian Transport Infrastructure Week has been convened to showcase those major transport infrastructure projects to be delivered through PPP and concession mechanisms.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to join with all the key stakeholders – Ministries, State Agencies and State-owned Enterprises, financial institutions, advisors, infrastructure developers and operators - for a timely and invaluable insight into the major infrastructure projects, which are being developed in one of Europe’s most vibrant economies.
The Week features a series of 5 90-minute webinars, focusing on Ports, Roads, Rail, Airports and beginning with a government overview. Each webinar takes place at 16:00 Kyiv time to allow present and potential investors from both Europe and North America the opportunity to participate. Simultaneous translation between English and Ukrainian will be provided.
Participation is free of charge after registration https://strategy-council.com/en/events/ukrainian-transport-infrastructure-week