Nearly nine months after the Russian invasion, the war has seriously affected Ukraine’s economy, which is facing daunting tasks. Macroeconomic and financial sector stability are essential for the continued functioning of the economy and maintaining the war effort. Supporting and stimulating the real economy are the key elements of its economic sustainability.
These tasks require collective efforts and coordination among the country’s policymakers, businesses and international community, including the EBRD. The main objective of this half-day workshop is to bring together representatives of key stakeholders to discuss optimal policies and necessary investments to help the process of Ukraine’s stabilisation and rebuilding.
Watch it live on the EBRD social media channels, including LinkedIn and ebrd.com.
The event will start at 9AM GMT, to be held virtually, will consist of two panels of approximately 1h each.
Panel One: Sustainable macroeconomic policies for the war and beyond
- Odile Renaud-Basso, President, EBRD
- Tymofiy Mylovanov, President, Kyiv School of Economics
- Torbjörn Becker, Professor of economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics – SITE and CEPR
- Beata Javorcik, Chief Economist, EBRD (moderator)
Panel Two: Investment in the real economy and the role of the EBRD
- Alain Pilloux, Vice President Banking, EBRD,
- Oleg Ustenko, Advisor to the President of Ukraine
- Oleksandr Kubrakov, Minister of Infrastructure
- Volodymyr Kudritskyi, CEO of Ukrenergo
- Oleksiy Chernyshov, CEO of Naftogaz
- Matteo Patrone, MD, EEC Region, EBRD (moderator)
The event will be held in English.