Covid 19 introduced new priorities and areas of preliminary focus for a number of state authorities, including the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine. Therefore, certain businesses that are still operating, despite the quarantine measures should pay specific attention to such matters as pricing, advertising and distribution. The AMC has already initiated a number of cases, started following the recent price increases in food retail and advertising of pharma products. Thus, nowadays it is vitally important for the business to consider the priorities of the regulators when conducting business activity.
In particular, during the seminar, we considered:
- The ins and the outs of cooperation with the AMC in the days of quarantine
- Pricing control for food, pharmacies and essential goods. Where is the competence of the AMC?
- Top priorities of the AMC. What to expect from the regulator?
- Food retail and drugstores have been already exposed to the first requests and cases. Other industries in focus
- Antitrust hotspots in advertising
Oleksii Khmelnytskyy, Head of Kyiv Regional Territorial Office of Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine.
Sergey Denisenko, Partner, Aequo. Sergey has 15 years of hands-on experience in antitrust and competition. The main aspects of work include merger clearance and concerted actions, protection against unfair trade practices and competition compliance. Sergey regularly represents clients in abuse of dominance and concerted actions investigations conducted by the regulator. Sergey was named the Lawyer of the year in Antitrust and Competition according to Best Lawyers 2020.