For the fifth year in a row now, we've been inviting guests and their families to join in the grape harvesting at Chateau Edem, and then come together around the table, just like medieval winemakers did. Every autumn we harvest four grape varieties, gathering for a breakfast after the laborious work is over, and inviting our guests to try our chilled home-grown wine made from the previous years' crops.
While picking grape clusters together, we feel that it's the exact moment we're writing the history of Chateau Edem: having an outdoor breakfast with the family, talking to new people and feeling the unity in shared traditions.
Harvesting grapes in the Country of Edem is a way to immerse in an atmosphere that's hard to put into words: the harmony of nature, the inner serenity, satisfaction, comfort, and a sense of pride for this place of power in Ukraine.
Breakfasts in the vineyard take place in September and October, with the exact dates chosen by a professional oenologist based on the grapes' ripeness measurement.
Grape harvesting features an exciting program:
Here are the things to enjoy:
- A welcome drink to give you a holiday-like start to your morning
- The oenologist's short lecture on the art of wine-making
- Grape picking
- Chateau Edem's home-grown wine tasting
- Lovely photos for your Instagram taken by a professional photographer
- To top it all, an outdoor breakfast while enjoying the amazing scenery around you for an unforgettable experience
*For preliminary breakfast dates and availability, please contact us by phone: +38 (067) 314-65-12