Meeting with Iryna Lytovchenko, Director of the Ministry of Health Directorate for Strategic Planning and European Integration and Other Representatives of the Ministry
On March 13 the Chamber Working Group on Consumer Goods held a meeting with Iryna Lytovchenko, Director of the Ministry of Health Directorate for Strategic Planning and European Integration and other representatives of the Ministry to discuss current issues of the technical regulation of cosmetics market and sanitary-hygienical products.
Key takeaways of the meeting are:
- Pharmaceutical Directorate was defined as responsible MoH Division for performing functions of technical regulation of cosmetic products as prescribed by CMU Resolution #1074 dated on December 27, 2017;
- Currently Draft Technical Regulation on Cosmetics is being finalized with incorporated proposals and comments from responsible Ministries as well as the State Regulatory Service of Ukraine and will be published in April on the official MoH web site for public discussion;
- After presenting complete and inclusive arguments in regards to usage of International Nomenclature of Cosmetics Ingredients (INCI) in Ukraine while labelling products, Ministry of Health supported Chamber’s position on this issue. It was concluded to provide Ministry of Health with additional Chamber’s arguments in favor of using INCI in Ukraine to maintain joint position on the matter during further communications with relevant stakeholders;
- MoH representatives informed that in regard to perspectives of the establishing the Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP) in Ukraine they consider joining corresponding European Commission’s online notification system. Respective inquiry is planned to be sent to the European Commission in the nearest time;
- In regard to clarifications on the status of sanitary-hygienic products and materials as medical devices, documents that declare conformity with the technical regulations and application of the VAT rate to the import and supply operations of medical devices it was agreed to address Ministry with relevant inquiry in order to obtain clarifications on the essence.
As a result of the meeting, it was agreed to consolidate the efforts of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine for further improvement of the technical regulation of consumer goods, namely cosmetics and sanitary-hygienic products and materials.