Policy Progress: The Ministry of Health Established the Working Group on Hemodialysis Issues
The Ministry of Health established the Working Group "On Introduction of Medical Service for Patients Treatment by Outpatient Hemodialysis" (hereinafter – Working Group) headed by Oleksandr Linchevskyi, Deputy Minister of Health. The Working Group was established in response to the Chamber Position Paper raising numerous issues in the field of dialysis and requesting to undertake immediate measures for the implementation of medical reform in this area.
Among the main tasks of the Working Group are:
- Ensuring the development of draft regulatory and legal acts on providing access for the patients to outpatient hemodialysis
- Introducing the tariffs for this healthcare service
- Introducing reliable electronic records of patients
- Changing the existing funding mechanism for hemodialysis treatment
- Establishing a single tariff for hemodialysis services for healthcare facilities regardless of the ownership
- Promoting competitive practices on the markets of medical services for conducting the procedure of hemodialysis
The Chamber Healthcare Committee is ready to continue working together with the Ministry to improve the regulatory acts in this area.