Event was organized jointly with the Association “Ukrainian Agribusiness Club”, Association “Ukrainian Seed Partnership” and Seed Association of Ukraine.
The event was a great opportunity to learn more about the current trends and the latest developments in the seeds market, as well as to identify potential ways to develop seeds sphere in Ukraine.
The discussion was focused on:
- Current status and further development of the seed industry.
- Activities overview of the seeds certification bodies for 2017 and plans for the current year: procedures, terms, prices.
- Fighting counterfeit within the seeds sphere - best practices.
- Trends in the selection of crops in Ukraine and in the world.
- Collecting royalty on seeds and planting material. International experience and Ukrainian perspectives.
Among speakers were:
- Volodymyr Topchiy - Director of the Department of Agrarian Policy and Agriculture of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine
- Alexander Kapustinskyi - Acting Director of the State Enterprise "State Center of Agricultural Products Certification and Examination ".
- Sergey Melnyk - Director of the Ukrainian Institute for Plant Varieties Expertise.
- Anatoliy Strykhar - Deputy Head of the Department of Seeds - Head of the Division on Seeds and Planting Materials Control of the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection.
- Olga Khranovskaya - Coordinator of the Committee on IPR for Plant Varieties of the Seeds Association of Ukraine, Government Relation Manager, Limagrain Ukraine.
- Natalia Litostanskaya, Chamber Seeds Committee Co-Chair, Project Lead, LLC Pioneer Hi-Bred Ukraine.
- Yevhen Shpykuliak - Head of the plant breeding and seed growing division of PJSC "Selena".
Representatives of seeds companies, the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine, the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection, the Ukrainian Institute of Plant Varieties Expertise, and the State Enterprise "State Center for Certification and Examination of Agricultural Products" were invited to participate.
The Seeds Forum 2018 was organized with support of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine.