Event was organized jointly with Member Company Marchenko Danevych.
At the Workshop we discussed relevant investment arbitration case law and shared the experience in using investment arbitration and related instruments under Ukrainian bilateral investment treaties (BITs), as an alternative to national courts, to prevent, settle or resolve high value regulatory and tax disputes faced by foreign investors in Ukraine.
- Investment arbitration under BITs as an alternative to national courts for resolution of regulatory and tax disputes.
- What types of regulatory and tax disputes may be subject to investment arbitration under BITs?
- What are the prospects of amicable settlement of investment disputes with Ukraine?
- Why arbitration and BIT instruments are more efficient compared to ECtHR?
- What are the venues, process and costs of investment arbitration?
- Oleh Marchenko, Partner, Marchenko Danevych
- Volodymyr Nakonechnyi, Associate, Marchenko Danevych
- Nadiya Mykiyevych, Associate, Marchenko Danevych
- Nikolay Yurlov, Associate, Marchenko Danevych