Business School. Knowledge Lab "Corporate Entrepreneurship as a Source of the Unique Competitive Advantage"
On the 5th of December we had our closing Knowledge Lab session within AmCham Business School platform. This time our speaker Pavlo Rizhii, Innovations Manager at Philip Morris Ukraine told about the concept of corporate entrepreneurship, how it works and why every year more and more companies start implementing it.
Key ideas presented:
- Corporate entrepreneurship is important for the future of your company as it helps to cope with the growing market turbulence in the VUCA world
- Corporate entrepreneurship is about developing new ideas and creating innovations within large business enterprises, and it may result in better competitive position of the business, its strategic renewal and revenue growth
- Only 6% of CEOs work on implementing innovation strategies within their companies
- 20% of employees are genuinely interested in their company and its success and do their best to achieve that
- Within the framework of corporate entrepreneurship employees proactively seek opportunities and funding sources for their companies; managers acting as mentors and facilitators motivate and maintain unity within the enterprise
Pavlo Rizhii, Innovations Manager, Philip Morris Ukraine.
Pavlo developed innovations strategy for affiliate of the leading tobacco company, including internal innovation process as well as interface for external cooperation. More than 15 years of practical experience in marketing, business development and innovations management.